Hiring! Tooling Design / Manufacturing Engineer


Additive Engineering Solutions (AES) started in 2016 to disrupt traditional means of tooling production. With the backing of a large manufacturing company with over 50 years of business, AES was the first, and is still the only, contract manufacturer of Large Format Polymer 3D Printing in the world. AES primarily manufactures tools and molds for FRP composites, precast concrete, and numerous other industries, along with the production of large scale prototypes. AES is a fast growing, high paced company, where there is never a dull moment and great opportunities. We get our hands dirty and have fun pioneering a new industry in Additive Manufacturing! Are you in?


We are looking for an engineer who enjoys working in a fast-paced and challenging environment. The ideal candidate is a fast learner and self-starter and takes actions to solve problems. Approximately 70% of the work will be CAD related design work including project estimating. The other 30% will consist of manufacturing engineer including assembling, troubleshooting, and ensuring a quality production process. Someone who can bring composites knowledge will be a big plus. Training will be provided on the specifics of our Additive Manufacturing process.


We’re looking for an Engineer with roughly 5+ years of experience.

  • CAD Surfacing & Parametric Modeling (AutoDesk Inventor is what we use in-house).
  • Tool & Mold Design – Can you take a surface file and design a tool for it? (experience would preferably be in FRP Composites; injection molding design would be the next closest skill).
  • General FRP Composites Knowledge (tooling, vacuum bagging, RTM, materials/resins, etc).
  • Metrology/Quality experience is a plus (Faro Laser Scanning)


70% Design Engineering

  • Design tools and molds from part files.
  • Modify existing customer tool and mold designs for our 3D Printing process.
  • Preparing design files for printing.
  • Estimation and Project Quotation

 30% Manufacturing Engineering

  • Assembly of molds, i.e. applying adhesives, designing mechanical bonding strategies, installing inserts, vacuum ports & lines, etc.
  • General production troubleshooting
  • Checking vacuum integrity on tools and molds
  • Quality assurance, i.e. Laser Scanning (sometimes performed off-site)


Must be able to lift 30-50lbs on an occasional basis – some of our small prints can easily be in that weight range.


5-10% (Potential Customer Visits & Local Laser Scanning Services)

Download this job description in PDF format.

Reach out to Andrew Bader at, andrew@additiveeng.com.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

<a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>